Remote Support Terms and Conditions
I (Client) agree to pay CompuBC to repair, analyze and troubleshoot my computer software at a rate of $15 per 15 minus.
- Payment of 15 minus or more may be secured prior to the support call.
- Billing starts at the time of the appointment.
- Although CompuBC will endeavor to conduct all activities in a timely manner, troubleshooting issues may be a time-consuming process and agree to pay CompuBC for troubleshooting time as necessary.
- If CompuBC determines that an issue needs more time to be researched, you may or may not be billed for that time.
- I understand that some work performed may go over one hour and possible many hours.
- Due to the requirements of the repair, if approved by you, the client…we will back up your data to your computers and external hard drives/network shares to insure it’s integrity before performing work
- I also certify that I will indemnify and hold harmless CompuBC for any and all data or software that may be lost or erased, as well as for any consequence of the erasure or loss of that data or software. Although CompuBC will take every precaution to preserve all data and software on the computer, I acknowledge that occasionally data loss will occur and/or software operation may be compromised.
- During a remote support call, if CompuBC determines it’s necessary, the data is always backed up to the clients computer or external hard drive. We do not back up the data on Call on CompuBC servers.
- If the repair requires
- If training is needed for backup methods and procedures, CompuBC will provide that training to me at an additional rate.
- If aftercare is required, CompuBC will provide at additional rate.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless CompuBC for any and all hardware or software malfunctions or accidents that may occur before, during or after work is performed on Client’s computer, and for any results thereof.
- CompuBC reserves the right to recommend an On-Site visit if the troubleshooting requires a technician to perform the work on site.
- Any private information stored on your computer or viewed by our computer repair technicians during a remote support call will be held confidential unless required by law.
- Any private or personal information provided via email to CompuBC will be kept confidential.
- Your information is never sold or shared to outside companies